Friday 2 August 2013

Illamasqua Medium Pencil in VOW review . Make-up for your alter ego.

So I recently got this pencil from Illamasqua during my trip to Brisbane in the last few weeks, along with some other stuff, yes I totally had a big splurge. I am  very excited about this pencil as you know eye pencils that are skin shades are hard to find. Specially in Australia in a little small city like mine, where brands are pretty limited. It was retailing for ADU $17 ($20 normally) and you get 1g of product.

Illamasqua says that this is one of their most versatile products as you can use them on your eyes, face and body. The shade VOW is described as a cool apricot yellow. The formula itself is very smooth and has a very creamy texture to it so it glides onto your skin.
I love using this on my waterline as it grips onto the waterline pretty nicely, don't need to layer it on. Perfect eye brightener. 
 I also use it around my lips to make a clean cut when I wear darker lip colors, like dark reds and plum colours and this pencil stays on for a good amount of time. Impressed.


The pencil was swatched on my arm, I have NC30-35 skin, it showed up pretty well.
Love this pencil, skin toned eyeliners are hard to come by, so when you see one, make sure you snatch one, girl.

Here are some other brands that I know makes skin tone coloured eye pencils:

Rimmel-Scandale eyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner in Nude
m.a.c-Chromagraphic pencils in NC15/NW20 & NW25/NC30 & NC42/NW35
Stila-Kajal Eyeliner in Topaz
NYX-Wonder Pencil in Light & Medium & Deep

Bonus picture, camera out focused the pencil and onto the kitty cat.

Have fun
Love love love
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment