Wednesday 29 May 2013

Leopard print lips (Using Sugarpill Eyeshadows)

I'm always inspired and like to re-create beautiful looks that I see around the internet,specially on Instagram, there are so many many many talented beauty people on there , and I think they all absolutely amazing.
And today I want to share with you a look that a did a couple weeks ago, it is a re-created look from one of the most amazing makeup artist, ChaosMakeupArtist, Megan, she is a self taught full time freelance makeup artist based in Texas and I am a big fan of her work.
She has the most awesome lip work I have ever seen, always flawless. So check her out :D

A while ago she posted a picture of a leopard lip look on her instagram, so I had to try it out, it is no where near to her flawless blended work but here is the end result :) 
Enjoy !



I used Sugarpill Eyeshadows for this look, cause it's the most pigmented and brightest shadows I own. Including both the Burning heart palette and Sweet Heart palette, loose shadow in Royal sugar, and lots of blending action using a few lip brushes.

The gold color, is a gel Liner #95 from Inglot Cosmetics(I have written a post about this gel liner, click here if you'd like to read it)

Yes I wore that lip for the rest of the day, until I ate that is, no eye makeup, just curled my lashes and filled in my eyebrows, since the lip is attracting all the attention you can get.

If you don't own any of those products you can always find alternatives like the 120 eyeshadow palettes or whatever palettes you have and change the colors around and you can still get the same effect.


-Make sure that your lip is smooth and moisturised before applying any products, 
1) I used NYX Jumbo eyeshadow pencil in Milk as a white base all over the lid, 
2) then applied poison plum and royal sugar on the outline of the lips, fading it inwareds leaving the middle part out. 
3) fill in the rest of the lips with two clors, dollipop and after party(I also mixed afterparty with tako and midori so it comes out like a light mint green color) fading the colors outwards. 
4)Go back and forth with all the four colors, blending everything in. 
5) Take a liquid liner or black gel liner(I recommend a felt tip liquid liner) outline the leopard prints. 
6) Fill them in with a gold eyeshadow, use it wet so you get more pigmentation. I used a gold gel liner since I have one.


And that's how I did it.
Hope you liked the post, totally try it out and snap some cool photos,
no harm to try new things once in a while.
Have fun.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment