Friday 17 May 2013

m.a.c prep and prime skin base visage swatches, photos, review.

Share the love for this little bottle! Its awesome. New favourite face primer !


 I decided to get this primer a few days ago, I've been eyeing out for this product for a little while, wanting to try it out, I have tried it at a counter before ,wore it for the rest of the day and I loved it,so now that I have finally got my hands on this, I can share my thoughts on it with y'all.

m.a.c says this is an ultra-fluid lotion formulated with special-effects silicones. Calms and soothes the skin, bots away excess oil, and evens out skin redness. Improves laydown and application of foundation or powder.

Its 30ML of products for $45AUD, kinda pricey, but It will be worth your money in the long run, for me,since I only used half a pump (YEAY for a pump)and it was already enough to cover my whole face, so I'm sure this will last me for quite a long while.


This primer like most other primers out there that says they create a smooth canvas for you face are silicon based. But I can tell you, It is different to any other silicon based primers I have tried. 
This feels rather different to a normal silicon primer eg,my L'Oreal studio secrets magic perfecting base, which I love but Its too thick and siliconey so I can only put it on the cheeks and chin, anywhere else will break me out. But it still works great to its claims.

A normal silicone based primer is thick and heavy like the one I just mentioned, and this one is much lighter and thinner, which was surprising, and it feels light weight on the skin too. Which I much prefer.


The texture of it, which I am hoping you can see,( It's so hard to show what the texture is like in photos cause Its hard to get a good shot of it.) feels just like a moisturiser, it has very small fine shimmers in it, which was very visible to me when blended out on my hand, but not like an omfg I just picked up a dico ball concentrated in a bottle, but visible when you look close enough.

When I applied it to my face, It wasn't noticable at all, and it actually made my face looking healthy and skin tone was more even too, and radiant but not in an oily way. 
I assume this would look nice on its own too on a day you don't want ftd on your face.

This is what it looks like almost completely blended out on my hand. 

This is what it looks like after completely blending out, I've taken many shots of what it looks like cause I want you to see the shimmers in different angles and lighting.
Like I said, it is shimmery, but in a good way, its not enough to make you look oily but just enough to make you look healthy and radiant. And you won't shimmer like Cullens under thee sun. I can promise you that.


 Today I'm wearing these combos, the pro long wear foundation in NC35 with the primer underneath, and it made my skin look so good!
Normally when I wear pro long wear on its own I start getting a bit shiny after 6 hours, which is pretty good already, but with the primer, it's even longer, I got a couple hours more before I needed to blot my face.Crazy good this is.

This primer lives up to its every single claims, 
-Smooths out your skin makes your foundation glide on and blend out so easily
- Minimises pores (I have visible pores on my cheeks and this worked well for that purpose)
-Keeps your face oil free for a long time (trust me, cause I'm an oil beast)
-Takes away redness (I don't have redness on my face, but just a bit around my nose, and it did took it away too)
-Extends the wearing of your foundation, which is awesome.
-Great for everyday wear, on its own, underneath your powder or liquid foundation


I didn't take a picture of what It looks like on my face, but this is what it looks like with the pro long wear foundation on top.(I'll put on more pictures on this post soon with what it looks like on my face)

Overall, love love love, great primer to have in your stash, highly recommend you all to try it out if your looking for a primer,you won't regret it, don't miss out.

xx
Have fun



No comments:

Post a Comment